Thursday 15 September 2016

Medical update: still standing strong!

I haven’t got a lot of time to blog because I am too busy enjoying my life. But I know more than 100 people are following me on my blog so I have this duty to write something. Anyway, that's what mum says!

I went to the hospital yesterday and here’s the verdict:

The tumour in my ass had not come back yet: good!

There is no metastasis in my spleen and liver yet: good!

The calcium levels in my blood were OK: good!

My white blood cells were a bit below average. That is due to the chemo so were gonna stop the chemo for a while: don’t mind!

The ultrasound of my tummy was mildly positive. A small lymph node was found again near a blood vessel. It is smaller than the one they removed in June. The surgeon (a lady again!) thinks she can remove it even though these operations are never without any risk. Removing it is always the best option, she said. I'm going in in October.

The oncolodomist was a bit worried about “it” coming back so soon after the previous operation. Mum and dad, however, think I am doing great, given that 10 months ago they said I was only gonna live for another 12 months! And look at me now: still standing strong!

The loncomonist doesn’t really know whether the chemo still works or not. There are other more aggressive therapies out there but they might make me sick. Mum and dad feel strongly about this. Stretching my life with less quality is not an option! Do you agree? I certainly do!

That’s it for now!


Charlie

1 comment: