Friday 30 June 2017

I'm still standing



Hi there. It’s been a while now. I’ve got loads to tell you. I’ve been on holiday a couple of times, I’ve been swimming in rivers, ponds and swimming pools all over the country, I’ve been to the hospital a couple of times but most importantly: 

I can’t see the rainbow anymore! 

Mum says it’s probably because I am getting old and I need glasses!



Last time I wrote on my blog, I had just been told by Doctor Cindy that that was that! No more operations. I was going to live whatever time was left and then….. over the rainbow.



So my Mum and Dad and all my friends like Sophie and grandad and Geert and Lief and Melissa and Dominique and Stefan and many others decided to spoil me rotten. So here’s all the things that I’ve been doing:

In March I went to the hospital for a check-up. Doctor Cindy told me that the cancer had hardly grown. The lymph nodes had gone from 1.5 cm to 2.1 cm. I have 3 of those bastards.

Liver and spleen still good! The main tumour in my bum is not back yet. The chemo is doing its job!

In March I celebrated my 9th birthday! Mummy and Sophie made me a big cake with banana and carrots and biscuits and yoghourt!

They never thought I’d make it! It took me 2 minutes to finish it...

It may have been my last birthday cake. It may not…

So Sophie was in Belgium for a couple of days too. We always have great fun. We do lots of walks and cuddling.



Then there is Melissa. I love Melissa. She picks me up every now and then and we always do fun things. She treated me to a weekend at the seaside with a Bongo voucher. 


I went with Mum and Dad before the Easter holidays, when doggies can still run freely on the beach. I had loads of fun there. And guess who joined us: grandad! Don’t know where he came from all of a sudden but look: there he was!

It may have been my last time on the beach. But then again, it may not…











Shortly after that, I was invited to come along to a party at Dominique and Stefan and the happy six’s house. They have a swimming pool you know. 



Now, if you have been following my blog with only one eye, you know what that means! Exactly! Great fun!

It may have been my last time in the pool. But then again, it may not…


Then Mum and Dad decided to take me back to the Ardennes where we went last year. Last time the water was really high and the current strong. Swimming was really dangerous. This year, it was much better. I played in the water for days.




We didn’t walk that much. I can’t run that long anymore. I am getting old you know. One day I was so tired that Mum had to lift my bum up the stairs! How embarrassing is that?





Mum and Dad took me to this fabulous place last year on a so-called “last holiday together” and look: there we were again.

It may have been my last time this year. But then again, it may not….





Today, we went back to the hospital for a check-up. Guess what? The cancer has hardly grown. It went from 2.12 cm to 2.45 cm. That’s even less than last time!


Doctor Cindy said that where the cancer is, I have enough space in my tummy for the cancer not to bother me any time soon. Mummy thought the cancer would crush the main artery into my rear legs and paralyse me but Doctor Cindy said that the artery lining is too strong for that to happen. My spleen and liver are still clear! The chemo is doing its job! 

Take that you stupid cancer!

Doctor Cindy also said that, as I am getting a bit older, my walks shouldn’t be that long anymore. Mum and Dad were quite happy to hear that. They never thought I’d get this far. They’d rather see me deteriorate from old age, than from stupid cancer.




So there you go. I am still standing. And you know what? I can’t see the rainbow anymore…. Maybe I don’t want to see it yet.

But then again, neither do Mum and Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment