Sunday 12 November 2017

Letter to Dr Bart Van Goethem

Dear Dr Bart,

13 November 2015 for many was the day of the Paris Bataclan attack. For me, it was the day you gave me back my life.

You may not remember me, so here’s a picture. I am still this gorgeous, you know!


  
When mum and dad brought me to you, you were not very optimistic about my future. I had anal sack cancer. You said you could give me 1 to 3 years. Most likely, it would be 1 rather than 3.

Mummy and I looked at each other and we agreed we would go for the full 3 years. You repeated that that was not likely.

Today, that being 2 years ago, I just want to let you know that I am still enjoying life. I’m just saying!

I am now in the equally good care of Dr Cindy Van Geffen (Randstad) in Antwerp. I have had 2 minor operations, but since January 2017 they have stopped all interventions because the cancer is in too difficult a place and the Doctor is afraid that it might do more harm than good.

All I get now is chemo. I love the chemo because mummy gives it to me with a bit of paté. Yum!!! She says “chemo”, I start drooling!

The good thing about having cancer is that I am being spoiled left, right and centre. I get to swim in every swimming pool and people pick me up for walks! Mum and dad take me on holiday now, instead of me having to go to the stupid kennel.

This picture was taken in May this year.


















This picture was taken on 25 August this year



I also have a blog about my cancer (www.charliesfightagainstcancer.blogspot.be) and mummy says I have more friends on it than she has! Well duh!

In March 2018 I will celebrate my 10th birthday with – yet another – birthday cake. It will most likely be my last one but that's OK. We are all very happy that we still got to spend such good times with each other.  Let’s just hope the end will not be too difficult.

So thank you - thank you - thank you! I will never forget what you did for me.


Charlie Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment